By Satinder Ahuja
- Provides a manageable reference, describing the state-of-knowledge on assets of arsenic illness in floor water, which impacts approximately a hundred million humans worldwide.
- With contributions from world-renowned specialists within the box, this publication explores advancements within the delivery kinetics, detection, size, seasonal biking, accumulation, geochemistry, elimination, and toxicology of arsenic.
- Includes compelling case reports describing how arsenic infection happens and the devastating results at the humans and surroundings plagued by it.
Read Online or Download Arsenic contamination of groundwater : mechanism, analysis, and remediation PDF
Similar analytic books
Emphasizing potent, state-of-the artwork method and written by means of well-known specialists within the box, the guide of nutrition Analytical Chemistry is an vital reference for nutrients scientists and technologists to permit winning research. * offers designated studies on experimental methods * contains sections on historical past idea and troubleshooting * Emphasizes potent, state-of-the paintings technique, written via well-known specialists within the box * comprises distinctive directions with annotated advisory reviews, key references with annotation, time issues and expected effects
Spectrophotometry permits one to figure out, with strong precision and sensitivity, just about all the weather found in small and hint amounts of any fabric. the strategy is very beneficial within the selection of non-metals and permits the choice parts in a wide range of concentrations (from unmarried % to low ppm degrees) in quite a few fabrics.
Content material: v. 1. actual characterization and nutrient research -- v. 2. Residues and different foodstuff part research -- v. three. tools and tools in utilized foodstuff research
Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy is among the strongest and typical options in chemical study for investigating buildings and dynamics of molecules. complicated equipment may be applied for constitution determinations of biopolymers, for instance proteins or nucleic acids. NMR can also be utilized in drugs for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Pollution Prevention in Industrial Processes. The Role of Process Analytical Chemistry
- Microwave Molecular Spectra (Techniques of Organic Chemistry)
- Analytical Chemistry of Zirconium and Hafnium
- Automated Reasoning with Analytic Tableaux and Related Methods: 22nd International Conference, TABLEAUX 2013, Nancy, France, September 16-19, 2013, Proceedings
Extra info for Arsenic contamination of groundwater : mechanism, analysis, and remediation
G. Jacks, J. Jana, A. Sracek, J. P. Gustafsson, and D. Chatterjee (2001). Geochemistry of the Holocene alluvial sediments of Bengal delta plain from West Bengal, India: implications on arsenic contamination in groundwater. In G. Jacks, P. Bhattacharya, and A. A. , Groundwater Arsenic Contamination in the Bengal Delta Plain of Bangladesh. KTH Special Publication, TRITA-AMI Report, vol. 3084, pp. 21–40. Bhumbla, D. , and R. F. Keefer (1994). Arsenic mobilization and bioavailability in soils. In Arsenic in the Environment.
A. Hoque, Z. Aziz, M. Shamsudduha, et al. (2004). Decoupling of As and Fe release to Bangladesh groundwater under reducing conditions: I. Evidence from sediment proﬁles. Geochim. Cosmochim. Acta, 68:3459–3473. Ilyaletdinov, A. , and S. A. Abdrashitova (1981). Autotrophic oxidation of arsenic by a culture of Pseudomonas arsenitoxidans. Microbiology, 50:135–140. Islam, F. , A. G. Gault, C. Boothman, D. A. Polya, J. M. Charnock, D. Chatterjee, and J. R. Lloyd (2004). Role of metal-reducing bacteria in arsenic release from Bengal delta sediments.
C. H. Swartz, A. B. M. Badruzzaman, N. Keon-Blute, W. Yu, M. A. Ali, J. Jay, R. Beckie, V. Niedan, D. Brabander, et al. (2005). Groundwater arsenic contamination in the Ganges delta: biogeochemistry, hydrology, human perturbations and human suffering on a large scale. C. R. , 337:285–296. Hoeft, S. , T. R. Kulp, J. F. Stolz, J. T. Hollibaugh, and R. S. Oremland (2004). Dissimilatory arsenate reduction with sulﬁde as electron donor: experiments with MonoLake water and isolation of strain MLMS-1, a chemoautotrophic arsenate-respirer.