By Maki Yoshida, Koichi Mouri
This booklet constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the ninth foreign Workshop on safeguard, IWSEC 2014, held in Hirosaki, Japan, in August 2014. The thirteen average papers provided including eight brief papers during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from fifty five submissions. the focal point of the workshop was once at the following subject matters: procedure defense, threshold cryptography, safeguard, beginning, and encryption.
Read or Download Advances in Information and Computer Security: 9th International Workshop on Security, IWSEC 2014, Hirosaki, Japan, August 27-29, 2014. Proceedings PDF
Similar international_1 books
Distributed, Parallel and Biologically Inspired Systems: 7th IFIP TC 10 Working Conference, DIPES 2010 and 3rd IFIP TC 10 International Conference, BICC 2010, Held as Part of WCC 2010, Brisbane, Australia, September 20-23, 2010. Proceedings
St This quantity comprises the lawsuits of 2 meetings held as a part of the 21 IFIP global desktop Congress in Brisbane, Australia, 20–23 September 2010. th the 1st a part of the e-book provides the lawsuits of DIPES 2010, the 7 IFIP convention on allotted and Parallel Embedded structures. The convention, int- duced in a separate preface by way of the Chairs, covers a number of issues from specification and layout of embedded platforms via to dependability and fault tolerance.
Critical Infrastructure Protection IV: Fourth Annual IFIP WG 11.10 International Conference on Critical Infrastructure Protection, ICCIP 2010, Washington, DC, USA, March 15-17, 2010, Revised Selected Papers
The data infrastructure – comprising pcs, embedded units, networks and software program platforms – is key to operations in each area: inf- mation know-how, telecommunications, strength, banking and ? nance, tra- portation structures, chemical substances, agriculture and foodstuff, safety commercial base, public future health and well-being care, nationwide monuments and icons, ingesting water and water remedy structures, advertisement amenities, dams, emergency providers, advertisement nuclear reactors, fabrics and waste, postal and transport, and govt amenities.
This ebook constitutes the court cases of the seventh overseas convention on Social Informatics, SocInfo 2015, held in Beijing, China, in December 2015. the nineteen papers offered during this quantity have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from forty two submissions. They disguise themes equivalent to person modeling, opinion mining, consumer habit, and crowd sourcing.
This publication constitutes the refereed convention complaints of the twenty second overseas convention on rules and perform of Constraint Programming, CP 2016, held in Toulouse, France, in September 2016. The sixty three revised normal papers awarded including four brief papers and the abstracts of four invited talks have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 157 submissions.
- Proceedings of the Fifteenth International Machine Tool Design and Research Conference
- Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Computing
- Progress in Cryptology — INDOCRYPT 2001: Second International Conference on Cryptology in India Chennai, India, December 16–20, 2001 Proceedings
- Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Its Applications: 12th Mexican International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, MICAI 2013, Mexico City, Mexico, November 24-30, 2013, Proceedings, Part I
- Implementation and Application of Functional Languages: 24th International Symposium, IFL 2012, Oxford, UK, August 30 - September 1, 2012, Revised Selected Papers
Extra resources for Advances in Information and Computer Security: 9th International Workshop on Security, IWSEC 2014, Hirosaki, Japan, August 27-29, 2014. Proceedings
5. g. through the manipulation of the surrounding environment or through sensor miscalibration, safety systems will not take over in a critical situation. Such an attack would violate one crucial but predominantly overlooked security property of information called trustworthiness or veracity . To give an example, an explosion at BP Texas City Reﬁnery killed 15 people and injured another 180 . The root cause of the tragedy was critical alarms and control instrumentation providing false indications.
Implementing an IDS by modifying a VMM makes it difficult to attack the IDS. In a same manner, NICKLE , which prevents the execution of a kernel-level rootkit, has been proposed. Because it monitors the execution of kernel code with a VMM, only authorized code can be executed. These methods help to prevent attacks that are difficult for existing methods without a VMM to detect and prevent. 3 Problems with Existing Methods Existing methods cannot use essential services without modifying them.
This method searches the value for what is going to be written to the CR3 register to identify the next-process. Complicating Process Identification by Replacing Process Information X thread_union task thread_info X+(Page Size) X+(Page Size)*2 Address Kernel Stack rsp 43 task_struct state stack pid tgid comm Process control block in Linux Fig. 5. Relation between thread_union and task_struct • Trigger-insertion method: This method inserts a trigger, switching execution from the protection target VM to the VMM, in the kernel of the protection target VM for the identification of the next-process.